Classes Offered

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Finishing Touches

Well, I may not have been blogging but I have been sewing.  After stitching all the yarn detail and embroidered French knots around the center, I decided it needed to be larger and hold more attention so I added another round of yarn .  Much better.  It also helps to have a friendly yarn holder:-)


After all that work, I also decided that the flower center really wasn't enough of a focal point.  This piece was being made for a show entitled "Bird's Eye View".  So, I spent some time thinking about why a bird might be looking into a flower.  The answer, or course, is food.  So I added a lovely little hand stitched beetle.  I have always loved the look of stumpwork, and, think I got pretty close with this little cutie.


No comments: