Classes Offered

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Into Every Studio, A Baby Quilt ...


It has been a long time since I pieced a traditionally patterned quilt.  My new grand nephew, Declan, arrived this month and his mother has decorated his nursery with a Beatrix Potter theme.  Knowing this fabric was available, I made a wall hanging for his room.  It was fun to play with color and pattern in a way that is different for me.  I tried to use colors that would play down the pink in the themed print and keep things a little more boyish.  I really liked the addition of the taupe print.  

I found a panel with the same print on it that was almost the right size for the back.  I tried to eliminate the pink edge but it didn't quite work out.  Still it worked out great for a little surprise when it is turned around.
 Now to get it in the mail.  Happy Birth-day, Declan!




No comments: