Classes Offered

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Back to the Drawing Board


This is Emily, my husband's grand niece.  This portrait was essentially finished at the end of the year, however, I found myself coming back to it over and over.  There seem to always be endless lines and shadows to come back in and tweak just a little bit more.  I finally told myself, "Enough! It's finished."   It will never be perfect and that's not the goal, anyway.  I need to frame it up and give it to her.

The next challenge was getting a good copy of the drawing.  I guess I knew this but I found out for sure, pencil does not photocopy well. I tried scanning it. That was worse.  I was finally able to take a fairly decent photo by trying multiple settings on my camera.  It was still a little dark so I resorted to Photoshop.  This is probably as good as it can be other than being the original.  I have done so little in the way of drawing that I'm struggling with giving away a successful one.  Still, Emily will love to have it so away it will go.

No comments: