I spent some time yesterday doing a trial run of my installation piece that will be part of the Moving Outside exhibit at Portland's Trinity Episcopal Cathedral starting on Wednesday, April 29. Of course, the tree I will be working with is going to be completely different than this one in my front yard, but I had to see exactly how my vision might work out. It turned out to be easier than I was expecting. Most of the vintage linens are tied together with a light green ribbon but I discovered that pins will be needed in some spots. About now I was wondering what the neighbors were thinking.
My piece is called Fragments and I am writing small words or phrases on the ribbons that are recollections of childhood and general life experiences, some good, some bad. I trialed the larger peach ribbon and decided it is too big. The smaller green ribbon is better but I did go today and buy one that is just one size wider. It does show up better.
On another note, the badges for the volunteers at the SAQA conference, starting Thursday, are done and ready to be delivered. Each one came out slightly different from the next one. I actually made 13 because one of them was my prototype on which I made all my mistakes. I hope everyone enjoys wearing them.