Classes Offered

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Second of Small Pleasures


Too bad having a job gets in the way of quilting time.  Bringing work home is a slippery slope, too.  However, I have managed to finish a second Small Pleasures piece.  I like this one better than the first.  I think the first one was just a warm-up.  I felt looser doing this one and I think it shows.  I'm not sure of my titles yet but this one just might be simply, Red Carnations.  They were my maternal Grandmother's favorite flower.

Oh, here's the first piece finished as well.  I changed the rim of the bowl to a print.  I think it added a little more pizazz to the whole scene.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your second attempt with the flowers has a more real or texture feel to as the first one feels more like a still life painting. I like the flowers better.